Notice of Election
Master Executive Council (MEC) Communication Committee
This Committee consists of one Chairperson, two Vice-Chairpersons and an Electronic Communications Coordinator. The Committee is responsible for MEC communications including the MEC Website- unitedafa.org, the Union Update newsletter, Dear AFA, AFA E-Lines, and publications for the Membership. The Committee develops educational programs about the Union, our Contract, the negotiation process, Flight Attendant profession, and the aviation industry. Other assignments: New Member Presentation, AFA-CWA Buddy Program, Membership Surveys and Media Relations.
All MEC Committees represent the MEC and will support MEC positions when interacting with the Company and Flight Attendants. They carry out the responsibilities of their Committee/Position and shall support and adhere to the AFA-CWA Constitution and Bylaws, as well as the AFA-CWA United MEC Rules of Procedure, and Policy.
The Committee is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Communicating with MEC Officers at least once a week.
- Submitting written reports to the MEC.
- Communicating with local committees at least once a month.
- Making a yearly in-person report to the MEC.
- Administering the MEC Committee Budget.
- Conducting an annual training for Local Committee Members, as needed.
- Contributing an annual article to MEC communications.
Position to be elected:
- One Chairperson for a three-year term (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2020)
- Two Vice-Chairpersons for a three-year term (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2020)
Strong communication skills with excellent writing and public speaking, effective leadership and organizational abilities are needed along with significant knowledge of computers, web applications, graphic design and video production. Familiarity with the structure of AFA-CWA is necessary. The Chairperson position is full-time and the Vice-Chairperson positions require significant time, together providing weekday availability in Chicago. Travel is required.
The Election will be conducted at the Spring Regular MEC Meeting
April 11-13, 2017
6350 N. River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
All interested candidates, who are Members in good standing, may submit a resume and Willingness to Serve Letter to:
Jeffrey W. Heisey, Secretary-Treasurer
United Master Executive Council
Association of Flight Attendants-CWA
6250 N. River Road, Suite 4020
Rosemont, IL 60018
Send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Willingness to Serve
Jeffrey A. Tonjes
James Allen Jr.
Return to MEC Elections home page