Notice of Election
Master Executive Council (MEC) Employee Assistance / Professional Standards (EAP/PS) Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson, and one Vice-Chairperson who are attentive to Members voluntarily seeking assistance and/or Members brought to the attention of Professional Standards by their peers. The Committee participates in the MEC Accident/Incident Response Team and provides support to affected Flight Attendants and their families. The Committee also provides referral services for Members and their families experiencing personal problems. All work is strictly confidential.
All MEC Committees represent the MEC and will support MEC positions when interacting with the Company and Flight Attendants. They carry out the responsibilities of their Committee/Position and shall support and adhere to the AFA-CWA Constitution and Bylaws, as well as the AFA-CWA United MEC Rules of Procedure, and Policy.
A Committee Member assists the Chairperson with the following responsibilities:
- Communicating with MEC Officers at least once a week.
- Submitting written reports to the MEC.
- Communicating with local committees at least once a month.
- Making a yearly in-person report to the MEC.
- Administering the MEC Committee Budget.
- Conducting an annual training for Local Committee Members, as needed.
- Contributing an annual article to MEC communications.
Position to be elected:
- One Chairperson for a 3-year term (July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2017)
- One Vice-Chairperson for a 3-year term (July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2017)
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, effective leadership and organizational abilities are recommended. Previous experience with EAP/Professional Standards on a local (or professional) level is helpful. Computer skills are desired. Chairperson position requires full-time availability. Travel is required.
The Election will be conducted at the Spring Regular MEC Meeting
April 11-13, 2017
6350 N. River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
All interested candidates, who are Members in good standing, may submit a resume and Willingness to Serve Letter to:
Jeffrey W. Heisey, Secretary-Treasurer
United Master Executive Council
Association of Flight Attendants-CWA
6250 N. River Road, Suite 4020
Rosemont, IL 60018
Send e-mail to: email@example.com
Willingness to Serve
Return to MEC Elections home page