Notice of Election
United Master Executive Council (MEC) Membership Engagement Committee Chairperson
The Committee is responsible for systematic engagement of AFA-CWA Members to achieve a vital connection of two-way communication between AFA-CWA Members and AFA-CWA Leadership. The Committee structure encourages a high level of participation from the AFA-CWA Membership to build Solidarity and power to support all Union efforts to defend and enhance the Flight Attendant profession.
All MEC Committees represent the MEC and will support MEC positions when interacting with the Company and Flight Attendants. They carry out the responsibilities of their Committee/Position and shall support and adhere to the AFA-CWA Constitution and Bylaws, as well as the AFA-CWA United MEC Rules of Procedure, and Policy.
The Chairperson is responsible for:
- Communicating with MEC Officers at least once a week.
- Submitting written reports to the MEC.
- Communicating with local committees at least once a month.
- Making a yearly in-person report to the MEC.
- Administering the MEC Committee Budget.
- Conducting an annual training for Local Committee Members, as needed.
- Contributing an annual article to MEC communications.
Position to be elected:
- One Committee Chairperson for the term (July 1, 2017– June 30, 2020)
Strong communication, effective leadership, organizational and computer skills. A strong ability to motivate and educate our Membership is essential. A fundamental understanding of the structure of our Union is needed. Travel is required.
The Election will be conducted at the Spring Regular MEC Meeting
April 11-13, 2017
6350 N. River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
All interested candidates, who are Members in good standing, may submit a resume and Willingness to Serve Letter to:
Jeffrey W. Heisey, Secretary-Treasurer
United Master Executive Council
Association of Flight Attendants-CWA
6250 N. River Road, Suite 4020
Rosemont, IL 60018
Send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to MEC Elections home page