Notice of Election
Master Executive Council (MEC) Grievance Committee
This Committee consists of one Chairperson, and two Vice-Chairpersons. This Committee's primary objective is to enforce our new Joint Contract and protect all Flight Attendants against arbitrary and unjust disciplinary action. The Chairperson coordinates the processing of MEC Grievances, and works directly with AFA-CWA Staff Attorneys. The Committee works with Local Grievance representatives to secure the best possible procedures for all Flight Attendants in the arbitration of their Grievances, compiles and distributes results of settlements and System Board Decisions, takes part in the Grievance Screening Committee and serves as a Member of the Dispute Resolution Committee (DRC).
All MEC Committees represent the MEC and will support MEC positions when interacting with the Company and Flight Attendants. They carry out the responsibilities of their Committee/Position and shall support and adhere to the AFA-CWA Constitution and Bylaws, as well as the AFA-CWA United MEC Rules of Procedure, and Policy.
A Committee Member assists the Chairperson with the following responsibilities:
- Communicating with MEC Officers at least once a week.
- Submitting written reports to the MEC.
- Communicating with local committees at least once a month.
- Making a yearly in-person report to the MEC.
- Administering the Committee Budget.
- Conducting an annual training for Local Committee Members, as needed.
- Contributing an annual article to MEC communications.
Position to be elected:
- One Chairperson for a 3-year term (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2020)
- One Vice Chairperson with focus on Contract for a 3-year term (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2020)
- One Vice Chairperson with focus on Discipline for a 3-year term (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2020)
Previous Grievance experience, strong knowledge of the Contract, communication skills, computer skills, writing skills and effective leadership are needed. Positions require full-time work in Chicago.
The Election will be conducted at the Spring Regular MEC Meeting
April 11-13, 2017
6350 N. River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
All interested candidates, who are Members in good standing, may submit a resume and Willingness to Serve Letter to:
Jeffrey W. Heisey, Secretary-Treasurer
United Master Executive Council
Association of Flight Attendants-CWA
6250 N. River Road, Suite 4020
Rosemont, IL 60018
Send e-mail to: email@example.com
Willingness to Serve
Maria I Torre
Maureen (Moe) Kerrigan
Return to MEC Elections home page