Notice of Election
Master Executive Council (MEC) Hotel and Transportation Committee
This Committee consists of one Chairperson and four Members. The Committee represents AFA-CWA to secure Contractual requirements through work with United's Purchasing Department. This Committee works closely with the Local Hotel Committees and investigates Flight Attendant complaints regarding layover hotel, transportation and crew lounge issues to ensure Contract compliance and maintenance of Hotel Standards.
All MEC Committees represent the MEC and will support MEC positions when interacting with the Company and Flight Attendants. They carry out the responsibilities of their Committee/Position and shall support and adhere to the AFA-CWA Constitution and Bylaws, as well as the AFA-CWA United MEC Rules of Procedure, and Policy.
A Committee Member assists the Chairperson with the following responsibilities:
- Communicating with MEC Officers at least once a week.
- Submitting written reports to the MEC.
- Communicating with committees at least once a month.
- Presenting a yearly in-person report to the MEC.
- Administering the MEC Committee Budget.
- Conducting an annual training for Local Hotel Committee Members, as needed.
- Contributing an annual article to MEC Communications.
Position to be elected:
- One Chairperson for a 3-year term (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2020)
- Two Committee Members for a 2-year term (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2019)
Previous Hotel and Transportation Committee experience is recommended. Good organization and computer skills are desired. Considerable travel is involved.
The Election will be conducted at the Spring Regular MEC Meeting
April 11-13, 2017
6350 N. River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
All interested candidates, who are Members in good standing, may submit a resume and Willingness to Serve Letter to:
Jeffrey W. Heisey, Secretary-Treasurer
United Master Executive Council
Association of Flight Attendants-CWA
6250 N. River Road, Suite 4020
Rosemont, IL 60018
Send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Willingness to Serve
Marian A. Drabosenik
Return to MEC Elections home page