Notice of Election
Master Executive Council (MEC) Reserve Committee
This Committee consists of one Chairperson and one Vice Chairperson. The Committee is responsible for assisting Local Reserve Committees in addressing problems, as well as working with the MEC Grievance Committee to resolve system-wide Schedule and Reserve violations.
All MEC Committees represent the MEC and will support MEC positions when interacting with the Company and Flight Attendants. They carry out the responsibilities of their Committee/Position and shall support and adhere to the AFA-CWA Constitution and Bylaws, as well as the AFA-CWA United MEC Rules of Procedure, and Policy.
A Committee Member assists the Chairperson with the following responsibilities:
- Communicating with MEC Officers at least once a week.
- Submitting written reports to the MEC.
- Communicating with Local Reserve Committees at least once a month.
- Presenting an annual in-person report to the MEC.
- Administering the MEC Committee Budget.
- Conducting an annual training for Local Reserve Committee Members, as needed.
- Contributing an annual article to MEC communications.
Position to be elected:
- One Chairperson for a 3-year term (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2020)
- One Vice-Chairperson for a 3-year term (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2020)
Significant knowledge of Scheduling and Reserve sections of the Contract. Practical experience is recommended. Meetings are held with the company in Chicago. Computer skills are desired.
The Election will be conducted at the Spring Regular MEC Meeting
April 11-13, 2017
6350 N. River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
All interested candidates, who are Members in good standing, may submit a resume and Willingness to Serve Letter to:
Jeffrey W. Heisey, Secretary-Treasurer
United Master Executive Council
Association of Flight Attendants-CWA
6250 N. River Road, Suite 4020
Rosemont, IL 60018
Send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Willingness to Serve
Return to MEC Elections home page