Notice of Election
Master Executive Council (MEC) Central Schedule Committee
This Committee consists of one Chairperson and five Members. The Committee is responsible for meeting at least twice a month with the company to review and discuss schedules, and verify the company's compliance with established rules and procedures. The Committee also monitors staffing requirements, understaffing statistics and moved flying.
All MEC Committees represent the MEC and will support MEC positions when interacting with the Company and Flight Attendants. They carry out the responsibilities of their Committee/Position and shall support and adhere to the AFA-CWA Constitution and Bylaws, as well as the AFA-CWA United MEC Rules of Procedure, and Policy.
Committee Members assists the Chairperson with the following responsibilities:
- Communicating with MEC Officers at least once a week.
- Submitting written reports to the MEC.
- Communicating with committees at least once a month.
- Present a yearly in-person report to the MEC.
- Administering the MEC Committee Budget.
- Conducting an annual training for Local Scheduling Committee Members, as needed.
- Contributing an annual article to MEC communications.
Positions to be elected:
- One Chairperson for a 3-year term (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2020)
- Two Committee Members for a 2-year term (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2019)
- One Committee Member effective Immediately - December 31, 2018
- One Committee Member effective Immediately - June 30, 2018
Significant knowledge of the Scheduling and Reserve sections of the Contract is essential. Practical experience is recommended. A minimum of two meetings are held each month with the company in Chicago and are generally two to three days each. Computer skills are desired.
The Election will be conducted at the Spring Regular MEC Meeting
April 11-13, 2017
6350 N. River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
All interested candidates, who are Members in good standing, may submit a resume and Willingness to Serve Letter to:
Jeffrey W. Heisey, Secretary-Treasurer
United Master Executive Council
Association of Flight Attendants-CWA
6250 N. River Road, Suite 4020
Rosemont, IL 60018
Send e-mail to: email@example.com
Willingness to Serve
Return to MEC Elections home page