We are sending out an urgent call to action this weekend as lawmakers in Illinois are set to dismantle the state’s Worker’s Compensation system as early as this Sunday, January 9th. This is a serious threat to the Worker’s Compensation benefits we all count on. We are reaching out to all Members worldwide since per our Collective Bargaining Agreement the state of Illinois (or at an individual’s choice any other state or country) has jurisdiction for Worker’s Compensation benefits.
The changes being proposed could potentially:
- Allow United Airlines to choose the doctor you visit
- Eliminate pre-existing conditions and repetitive trauma injuries
- Reduce payment to doctors and hospitals limiting your access to quality medical care
- Limit how much medical treatment injured workers get
Do not let the Illinois State Legislature play roulette with our Worker’s Compensation benefits. If you live in Illinois click on the following link below to find your State Representative and State Senator:
For those Members who live outside of Illinois call the following two legislators:
- Senate President John Cullerton: 217-782-2728 (Springfield) and 773-883-0770 (District)
- House Speaker Michael Madigan: 217-782-5350 (Springfield) and 773-581-8000 (District)
Call these offices immediately and give them the following message:
- I am an employee of United Airlines.
- The General Assembly should not act on any Worker’s Compensation legislation unless it has been developed through the “agreed bill process”.
- Do not touch Worker’s Compensation!
It is imperative that legislators in both the House and Senate hear Labor’s message that these significant changes are not acceptable to Labor. Don't delay. Call today and throughout the weekend as action on this legislation could happen as early as this Sunday, January 9th. Thank you for taking action with this critical matter!