Back in January of this year, we asked you to step up and call Illinois lawmakers to leave Worker’s Compensation benefits alone. You stepped up and we won that battle. Last week in the new Congress, and as we expected, the Illinois State Senate introduced two Workers Compensation bills that are, similar to the ones we defeated in January. We are, again, reaching out to all Members worldwide since per our Collective Bargaining Agreement the State of Illinois (or at an individual’s choice any other state or country) has jurisdiction for Worker’s Compensation benefits.
The changes being proposed could potentially:
- Allow United Airlines to choose the doctor you visit
- Eliminate pre-existing conditions and repetitive trauma injuries
- Reduce payment to doctors and hospitals limiting your access to quality medical care
- Severely limit temporary total disability benefits when an injured worker cannot work
We cannot allow the Illinois State Legislature to play games with our Worker’s Compensation benefits. If you live in Illinois click on the following link below to find your State Senator:
For those Members who live outside of Illinois, call the following legislator:
- Senate President John Cullerton: 217-782-2728 (Springfield) and 773-883-0770 (District)
Call these offices immediately and give them the following message:
- I am an employee of United Airlines.
- I want to voice my opposition to detrimental changes to Workers’ Compensations.
- I oppose Senate Bill 1349, and Senate Bill 2155.
- I urge Senator _________ to oppose these bills if they are brought to the senate floor by a vote. Thank you.
It is imperative that legislators hear Labor’s message that these significant changes are not acceptable. Don’t delay. Call today. Thank you for taking action with this critical matter!