Collective Bargaining Agreement
Section 16 -- Uniforms
- Flight Attendants shall wear their uniform as prescribed in Company regulations at all times while on duty as a member of the crew and such other times as may be prescribed.
- Newly employed Flight Attendants shall be required to purchase their first basic uniform and accessories. Such purchase may be made either on a cash basis or an authorized payroll deduction basis not to exceed 5.0% of the total cost of said uniform and accessories per month. The Company will provide a non-wool uniform to newly employed Flight Attendants with wool allergies on the same cost basis as newly employed Flight Attendants using wool uniforms.
- The female Flight Attendant uniform shall consist of the following items or their equivalent:
- Female Flight Attendant basic uniform:
Two (2) hats or one (1) scarf
One (1) winter coat or an all-season coat
Five (5) blouses or equivalent
Maternity skirt/jacket/jumper/dress/pants on request and as
- Female Flight Attendant accessories:
Footwear and boots
- The male Flight Attendant uniform shall consist of the following items or their equivalent:
- Male Flight Attendant basic uniform:
Jacket and trousers
One (1) winter coat or an all-season coat
Five (5) shirts or equivalent
Two (2) ties/tie tac
- Male Flight Attendant accessories:
Footwear and boots
- The Company shall provide the same selection of coats for both males and females. The Flight Attendant basic uniform winter coat shall provide at least the same level of protection as the 2009 Melton wool optional coat. If an optional coat is made available, it shall be made available within the yearly point allotment.
- The Company shall provide non-wool uniforms for Flight Attendants
with wool allergies.
- Flight Attendants on a Leave of Absence, Voluntary Furlough or
Involuntary Furlough will receive uniform points upon their return
based on the following:
- All unused uniform points on the effective date of one of the
above referenced statuses will be available to her/him upon
- Any uniform points accrued prior to the effective date of any of
the above referenced statuses for use in the following year will be
available upon return;
- The combination of unused and accrued points will not exceed the
yearly maximum points accrued by a Flight Attendant who is not
on any of the above statuses;
- Consistent with current policy, points will not be accrued while on
any of the above referenced statuses.
- The Company shall replace all basic uniform items and one of the following accessory items, when necessary due to normal wear at no cost to the Flight Attendant. The Flight Attendant may choose which of the following accessory items shall be the no cost item.
- The replacement of all other accessory items due to normal wear shall be the responsibility of each Flight Attendant. The replacement of all other accessories shall be paid for by the Flight Attendant on a cash basis or by credit card if the vendor accepts credit cards. Only if the vendor does not accept credit cards shall the use of payroll deduction be authorized by the Company and will be limited to purchases of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) or more.
- The Company shall determine when replacements of any uniform or accessory items are required.
- If a Flight Attendant's employment is terminated and a replacement item has less than one (1) season's wear or six (6) months if a year round uniform, the Flight Attendant will be required to purchase the Company's equity at sixty per cent (60%) of the original cost on a prorated basis for use.
- Style Change
In the case of a major uniform style change, the Company shall replace all uniform items, the purse and the suitcase at no cost to the Flight Attendant. If a uniform style change does not include a style change in purse or suitcase, no replacement will be required except as defined in Paragraph 16.D.
The Company shall furnish insignia (wings) required to be worn by the Flight Attendant and, shall replace said insignia when necessary due to normal wear. Flight Attendants may remove their name insignia when off the aircraft.
The Company shall bear the cost of all alterations required to properly fit a Flight Attendant in a new uniform or resulting from a Company required style change in the uniform. Such alterations must be requested by the Flight Attendant within one (1) month of uniform use. Cost of alterations requested by the Company or resultant from defects in the material, shall be borne by the Company. Alteration costs or the purchase of a new uniform or parts thereof due to weight adjustment shall be borne by the Flight Attendant.
When the style change requires a uniform fitting, the Company shall make every effort to assure that each Flight Attendant shall make no more than two visits to the approved tailor. If a Flight Attendant is required to make more than two visits to the approved tailor, such Flight Attendant shall receive per mile expenses at the rate established by Company policy, for mileage to and from the domicile and the approved tailor.
- Other Personnel Attire
The Company agrees that any personnel other than Flight Attendants on the System Seniority List, with the exception of Company employees covered under Section 4.S, will be attired in something distinctly different than the Flight Attendant uniform except as provided below.
|FEMALE ||MALE |
|ALLOWED ||DISALLOWED ||ALLOWED ||DISALLOWED |
|Skirt ||Jacket ||Trouser ||Jacket |
|Pants ||Jumper ||Top Coat ||Shirt |
|Top Coat ||Dress ||All Season Coat ||Ties |
|All Season Coat ||Hats ||Tie Tac ||Vest |
|Maternity Skirt ||Scarf ||Footwear ||Sweater |
|Maternity Pants ||Blouses ||Boots ||Wings/Insignia |
|Footwear ||Maternity Jacket ||Small Suitcase ||Inflight Attire |
|Boots ||Maternity Dress ||Gloves ||Name Bar |
|Hosiery ||Wings/Insignia ||Garment Bag || |
|Garment Bag ||Inflight Attire ||Hosiery || |
|Small Suitcase ||Name Bar ||Large Suitcase || |
|Large Suitcase ||Vests ||Belt || |
|Purse ||Sweaters || || |
|Pants Belt ||Dress Belt || || |
- Optional Uniform Items
If the Company makes optional uniform items available for purchase by Flight Attendants, the purchase shall be paid for on a cash basis, by credit card or with uniform points.
- Inflight Attire
Should the Company require any special inflight attire, the Company shall provide such inflight attire at no cost to the Flight Attendant.
Return to 2012-2016 CBA Home Page