Government Affairs Committee
As Flight Attendants, we work in a highly regulated environment. Decisions which affect our safety and security, our work environment and our job security are routinely made in Washington, D.C.
AFA maintains a voice in the political process to express the concerns of Flight Attendants on issues which impact our security and safety, our health, our workplace, the safety of our passengers, and our rights to union representation.
Government Affairs and FlightPAC, are designed to represent AFA's lobbying and political action efforts. Our grassroots activities are intended to educate elected officials about aviation issues to ensure they are aware of our views. Lobbying is an essential component of a successful union program.
The Government Affairs Committee members lobby Senators and Representatives on AFA's legislative issues and work to establish an on-going relationship with these offices.
Learn morn about FlightPAC
Latest Government Affairs Updates
- TAKE ACTION TODAY: Tell Congress to Extend the CARES Act Payroll Support Program (July 7, 2020)
- Extending the CARES Act Payroll Support Program – We have a vital interest. (July 3, 2020)
- Tell Congress: Extend the CARES Act Payroll Support Program (June 30, 2020)
- Register to Vote! – It’s your Right. (June 24, 2020)
- Our Vote. Our Power. Our Voice. (June 10, 2020)
- Absentee and Overseas Voting (May 15, 2020)
- Complete your 2020 Census Now! (May 9, 2020)
- Absentee Voting - Voting by Mail (April 22, 2020)
- Important Voting Information from your MEC Government Affairs Committee (March 31, 2020)
- Tell Congress: Put Aviation Workers First (March 21, 2020)