Government Affairs Committee
As Flight Attendants, we work in a highly regulated environment. Decisions which affect our safety and security, our work environment and our job security are routinely made in Washington, D.C.
AFA maintains a voice in the political process to express the concerns of Flight Attendants on issues which impact our security and safety, our health, our workplace, the safety of our passengers, and our rights to union representation.
Government Affairs and FlightPAC, are designed to represent AFA's lobbying and political action efforts. Our grassroots activities are intended to educate elected officials about aviation issues to ensure they are aware of our views. Lobbying is an essential component of a successful union program.
The Government Affairs Committee members lobby Senators and Representatives on AFA's legislative issues and work to establish an on-going relationship with these offices.
Learn morn about FlightPAC
Latest Government Affairs Updates
- Update on Our Fight for 10 (April 16, 2019)
- Government Affairs Committee Conducts FlightPAC Roadshows Across the System (April 6, 2019)
- FlightPAC Contributions Ensure AFA is Known on Capitol Hill (March 26, 2019)
- Our MEC Government Affairs Committee at Work (March 22, 2019)
- Reminder to Submit your Support for Tokyo to Haneda Route (March 1, 2019)
- United to Haneda Service (February 26, 2019)
- MEC Government Affairs Committee Training (February 9, 2019)
- FlightPAC – Provides Strong & Powerful Presence in Washington, D.C. (February 9, 2019)
- Call to Action #LockoutNeverAgain (February 6, 2019)
- We Cannot and Will Not Risk Another Lockout (February 2, 2019)