Government Affairs Committee
As Flight Attendants, we work in a highly regulated environment. Decisions which affect our safety and security, our work environment and our job security are routinely made in Washington, D.C.
AFA maintains a voice in the political process to express the concerns of Flight Attendants on issues which impact our security and safety, our health, our workplace, the safety of our passengers, and our rights to union representation.
Government Affairs and FlightPAC, are designed to represent AFA's lobbying and political action efforts. Our grassroots activities are intended to educate elected officials about aviation issues to ensure they are aware of our views. Lobbying is an essential component of a successful union program.
The Government Affairs Committee members lobby Senators and Representatives on AFA's legislative issues and work to establish an on-going relationship with these offices.
Latest Government Affairs Updates
- Rest Now: It's About Safety, Health and Equality (September 21, 2018)
- FAA Reauthorization expires on September 30, 2018. (August 28, 2018)
- United MEC President, Ken Diaz Addresses Saracini Aviation Safety Act (August 10, 2018)
- Call the Senate Every Day This Week for 10 Hours Rest (July 17, 2018)
- FlightPAC - A Contribution to Our Future (June 26, 2018)
- Have you called the Senate this Week for 10 Hours Non-reducible Rest? (June 19, 2018)
- The 2018 CWA Legislative/Political Conference: We the People (June 15, 2018)
- It’s Not Over - CALL NOW ! 10 Hours Rest (June 12, 2018)
- It’s Not Too Late - Call Your Senators Now! (May 23, 2018)
- CALL Your Senators NOW! (May 18, 2018)