Government Affairs Committee
As Flight Attendants, we work in a highly regulated environment. Decisions which affect our safety and security, our work environment and our job security are routinely made in Washington, D.C.
AFA maintains a voice in the political process to express the concerns of Flight Attendants on issues which impact our security and safety, our health, our workplace, the safety of our passengers, and our rights to union representation.
Government Affairs and FlightPAC, are designed to represent AFA's lobbying and political action efforts. Our grassroots activities are intended to educate elected officials about aviation issues to ensure they are aware of our views. Lobbying is an essential component of a successful union program.
The Government Affairs Committee members lobby Senators and Representatives on AFA's legislative issues and work to establish an on-going relationship with these offices.
Learn morn about FlightPAC
Latest Government Affairs Updates
- Georgia Senatorial Seats Headed to a Runoff Election (November 14, 2020)
- Our Number 1 Priority: Extend PSP (November 14, 2020)
- Georgia Senatorial Seats Headed to a Runoff Election. (November 11, 2020)
- Ready to Vote? (October 30, 2020)
- Ready to Vote? (October 29, 2020)
- Your Vote is Your Voice: Make it Heard! (October 24, 2020)
- Your Vote is Your Voice: Make it Heard! (October 22, 2020)
- Everyday Counts: Take Action to #ExtendPSP Now! (October 17, 2020)
- Your Vote is Your Voice: Make it Heard! (October 17, 2020)
- Time is Running Out! - Register to Vote! – It’s your Right (October 8, 2020)