Government Affairs Committee
As Flight Attendants, we work in a highly regulated environment. Decisions which affect our safety and security, our work environment and our job security are routinely made in Washington, D.C.
AFA maintains a voice in the political process to express the concerns of Flight Attendants on issues which impact our security and safety, our health, our workplace, the safety of our passengers, and our rights to union representation.
Government Affairs and FlightPAC, are designed to represent AFA's lobbying and political action efforts. Our grassroots activities are intended to educate elected officials about aviation issues to ensure they are aware of our views. Lobbying is an essential component of a successful union program.
The Government Affairs Committee members lobby Senators and Representatives on AFA's legislative issues and work to establish an on-going relationship with these offices.
Learn morn about FlightPAC
Latest Government Affairs Updates
- Important Voting Information from your MEC Government Affairs Committee (March 31, 2020)
- Tell Congress: Put Aviation Workers First (March 21, 2020)
- Government Affairs Activist Training (February 26, 2020)
- AFA Votes 2020 - Our Vote. Our Power. Our Voice. (February 18, 2020)
- Are You Registered to Vote the Primaries? (February 12, 2020)
- Stop Toxic Fumes Onboard Aircraft (December 13, 2019)
- 10 Hours Rest Is Law: Implement Now (November 27, 2019)
- FlightPAC – Our Power to Influence on the Hill (October 25, 2019)
- Tell Your Member of Congress to Support the PRO Act (October 23, 2019)
- Tell Your Congressperson to Support the PRO Act (October 8, 2019)