Government Affairs Committee
As Flight Attendants, we work in a highly regulated environment. Decisions which affect our safety and security, our work environment and our job security are routinely made in Washington, D.C.
AFA maintains a voice in the political process to express the concerns of Flight Attendants on issues which impact our security and safety, our health, our workplace, the safety of our passengers, and our rights to union representation.
Government Affairs and FlightPAC, are designed to represent AFA's lobbying and political action efforts. Our grassroots activities are intended to educate elected officials about aviation issues to ensure they are aware of our views. Lobbying is an essential component of a successful union program.
The Government Affairs Committee members lobby Senators and Representatives on AFA's legislative issues and work to establish an on-going relationship with these offices.
Latest Government Affairs Updates
- MEC Government Affairs Committee Training (February 9, 2019)
- FlightPAC – Provides Strong & Powerful Presence in Washington, D.C. (February 9, 2019)
- Call to Action #LockoutNeverAgain (February 6, 2019)
- We Cannot and Will Not Risk Another Lockout (February 2, 2019)
- Stop the Government Shutdown (January 22, 2019)
- Midterm Elections – Vote! (November 2, 2018)
- Mid -Term Elections (October 26, 2018)
- 2018 Mid-Term Elections - Commit to Vote! (October 23, 2018)
- 2018 Midterm Elections Commit to Vote! (October 17, 2018)
- 10 Hours Rest is the Law (October 13, 2018)