Government Affairs Committee
As Flight Attendants, we work in a highly regulated environment. Decisions which affect our safety and security, our work environment and our job security are routinely made in Washington, D.C.
AFA maintains a voice in the political process to express the concerns of Flight Attendants on issues which impact our security and safety, our health, our workplace, the safety of our passengers, and our rights to union representation.
Government Affairs and FlightPAC, are designed to represent AFA's lobbying and political action efforts. Our grassroots activities are intended to educate elected officials about aviation issues to ensure they are aware of our views. Lobbying is an essential component of a successful union program.
The Government Affairs Committee members lobby Senators and Representatives on AFA's legislative issues and work to establish an on-going relationship with these offices.
Latest Government Affairs Updates
- 2018 Midterm Elections Commit to Vote! (October 17, 2018)
- 10 Hours Rest is the Law (October 13, 2018)
- 2018 Midterm Elections Commit to Vote! (October 10, 2018)
- 2018 Midterm Elections Commit to Vote! (October 6, 2018)
- Congress Passes 10 Hours Rest, FAA Reauthorization Bill (October 6, 2018)
- Congress Passes 10 Hours Rest, FAA Reauthorization Bill (October 3, 2018)
- 2018 Midterm Elections Commit to Vote! (October 2, 2018)
- No Knifes Ever Again. "It's in the Bill" (September 29, 2018)
- Call on Congress to Vote for the FAA Bill with 10 Hours Rest (September 25, 2018)
- Rest Now: It's About Safety, Health and Equality (September 21, 2018)