Government Affairs Committee
As Flight Attendants, we work in a highly regulated environment. Decisions which affect our safety and security, our work environment and our job security are routinely made in Washington, D.C.
AFA maintains a voice in the political process to express the concerns of Flight Attendants on issues which impact our security and safety, our health, our workplace, the safety of our passengers, and our rights to union representation.
Government Affairs and FlightPAC, are designed to represent AFA's lobbying and political action efforts. Our grassroots activities are intended to educate elected officials about aviation issues to ensure they are aware of our views. Lobbying is an essential component of a successful union program.
The Government Affairs Committee members lobby Senators and Representatives on AFA's legislative issues and work to establish an on-going relationship with these offices.
Learn morn about FlightPAC
Latest Government Affairs Updates
- Save Our Jobs & Join #ReliefNow Actions (September 9, 2020)
- CARES Act Payroll Support Program Extension – It Matters for all of us. (September 2, 2020)
- Update on Our PSP Extension Fight (August 14, 2020)
- Special E-Lines: August 09, 2020 (August 9, 2020)
- Special E-Lines: August 08, 2020 (August 8, 2020)
- Keep Calling! Tell the Senate: Extend the CARES Act Payroll Support Program (August 6, 2020)
- It’s Not Over -> Tell the Senate: Extend the CARES Act Payroll Support Program (August 1, 2020)
- Tell the Senate: Extend the CARES Act Payroll Support Program (July 29, 2020)
- Tell Congress: Extend the CARES Act Payroll Support Program (July 29, 2020)
- Register to Vote! – It’s your Right. (July 29, 2020)