Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and one Vice-Chairperson who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- Company Agrees to Block Additional Seats for Flight Attendant Safety (April 8, 2020)
- Reminder to Check for Onboard Resources: COVID-19 (April 7, 2020)
- Onboard Resources: COVID-19 (March 31, 2020)
- What is a Line Observer Safety Audit (LOSA)? (February 15, 2020)
- Customs Pre-clearance Procedural Changes (February 15, 2020)
- Safety – it is the Priority (February 7, 2020)
- Layover Safety – Situational Awareness is Essential to Our Personal Safety (February 7, 2020)
- Reminder: eFAOM Revision 31 Effective February 1, 2020 (February 2, 2020)
- Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (January 22, 2020)
- Changes to Preflight Safety Checks - eFAOM Revision 31 (January 17, 2020)