Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and one Vice-Chairperson who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- Attention to Safety this Holiday Season (December 11, 2018)
- Crews Traveling to Paris – Use Caution and Avoid Protest Areas (December 8, 2018)
- 2Hot2Cold in Air Travel (December 1, 2018)
- Filter Masks Available for Wildfire Destinations (November 16, 2018)
- Avoid Passenger Staging in the Jet Bridge (November 16, 2018)
- Airbus Aircraft – Unique Features (November 2, 2018)
- Rubella Outbreak in Japan (October 26, 2018)
- Updating Information Related to your FAA Airman Certification Card (October 13, 2018)
- Safety Checks & Doors – Stop, Drop & Review (October 6, 2018)
- Filter Masks Available for Wildfire Destinations (August 28, 2018)