Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and two Vice-Chairpersons who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Craig MacInnes, Jr.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- Important Reminder: Known Crewmember (KCM) - It’s a Privilege, Not a Right! (July 12, 2022)
- Reminder on Handling of Arrival Liquor at International Destinations (July 1, 2022)
- Continued Misunderstandings on “Checking In” (July 1, 2022)
- IOR Reminder! (June 28, 2022)
- Awareness is Key to a Safe Operation (June 24, 2022)
- Reports on United’s Safety Management System (June 21, 2022)
- Reminder - Avoid Passenger Staging or Holding on Jet Bridge (May 24, 2022)
- Flight Attendants Urge Calm and Patience While We Wait for Further Instructions (April 18, 2022)
- CQ Training Scheduling Reminder (March 25, 2022)
- Update Your Emergency Contacts in Company Records (March 25, 2022)