Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and two Vice-Chairpersons who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Craig MacInnes, Jr.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- CQ Due Month Re-bid Reminder (July 30, 2021)
- Delayed Delivery of Replacement Badges at Bases Across the System (July 30, 2021)
- United Airlines Sends Engine Failure 777 To The Mojave Desert (July 26, 2021)
- Teen Caused United flight To Be Evacuated After He AirDropped Image Of Gun (July 24, 2021)
- Help End Human Trafficking: Take the Survey (July 23, 2021)
- Vaccination Information Required for NRPS International Travel - August 1, 2021 (July 23, 2021)
- FAA orders inspections of all 737s; airlines expect no operational disruption (July 16, 2021)
- CQ Due Month Imbalance (July 9, 2021)
- Flight Time or Holding Time following a Diversion (July 9, 2021)
- FAA Seeks Thousands In Fines From Disruptive Airline Travelers (July 8, 2021)