Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and one Vice-Chairperson who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- TAKE ACTION: Stop Toxic Fumes! (August 17, 2019)
- New Procedures for Dual Boarding/Deplaning Process Effective August 12, 2019 (August 13, 2019)
- Summer is in Full Swing: Download 2Hot2Cold! (August 13, 2019)
- Safety, Health & Security Training (August 10, 2019)
- USA TODAY: DOT Releases New Guidelines for Animals In the Cabin (August 10, 2019)
- PIRC & the Traffic Light System - Should we Serve one more? (August 7, 2019)
- Flight Attendant Video Safety Demonstration Positions Change on August 1, 2019 (July 31, 2019)
- Hot Aircraft – Responding to Protect Passengers and Crew (July 24, 2019)
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) (July 20, 2019)
- 2Hot2Cold!- Cabin Thermometers Help Provide Data- Contact Your Local Council (July 12, 2019)