Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and one Vice-Chairperson who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Craig MacInnes, Jr.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- Company Adds Personal Thermometer as Required Duty Item – Effective June 24 (June 24, 2020)
- Face Mask Mandatory Requirement Compliance Handling Procedures (June 18, 2020)
- Self-Conducted Wellness Checks to be Conducted via Team App (June 10, 2020)
- Maintaining Required Documents – Passports, Visas and FAA Airmen Certificate (June 10, 2020)
- Effective Immediately - Temporary Basic Life Saving Procedures (June 3, 2020)
- United Includes Face Covering/Masks as Required Duty Item (May 23, 2020)
- CQ Training Resumes in June (May 23, 2020)
- Social Distancing Policy Evolves in the Event of Full Flights (May 13, 2020)
- Face Mask Compliance (May 13, 2020)
- Sanitizer Wipes Available During Boarding (May 13, 2020)