Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and two Vice-Chairpersons who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Craig MacInnes, Jr.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- Cart Safety and Proper Handling (March 28, 2023)
- Our Training. Our Commitment. Our Value. (March 7, 2023)
- Crew Management and Safety (March 7, 2023)
- FAA Server Outage – Resolved (January 11, 2023)
- Minimum Crew Verification Reminder (December 13, 2022)
- Flight Attendant Fatigue Report on My Safety App (December 8, 2022)
- Broken Carts – Write it Up! (December 8, 2022)
- Inflight Safety Action Program (ISAP) Reporting (November 22, 2022)
- Virgin suspends gender neutral uniform on flights to Qatar 'to protect staff' (November 18, 2022)
- Unexpected Items in Galley Ovens and Warmers Present a Risk (October 18, 2022)