Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and two Vice-Chairpersons who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Craig MacInnes, Jr.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- COVID-19 Precautions: Taking Care of Yourself (November 11, 2020)
- Link App IOR Work Around (October 24, 2020)
- Vacation Reduction While on Occupational Leave (October 24, 2020)
- Rapid COVID-19 Testing for Crewmembers (October 9, 2020)
- Bulletin #26 is Now in Effect (October 3, 2020)
- Optional Eye and Face Protection Approved Beginning September 3 (September 5, 2020)
- United Extends Revised Boarding Process (August 29, 2020)
- Brazil Prohibits Personal Pillows (August 12, 2020)
- Mask Training Video Requirement Part of 3rd Trimester CBT (August 6, 2020)
- Door Operation App Changes – Required Viewing after 60 Days (July 29, 2020)