Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and two Vice-Chairpersons who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Craig MacInnes, Jr.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- Safety Concerns and Layover Hotel Guidelines (October 12, 2023)
- Conflict in Israel Impacts United Operations (October 12, 2023)
- International SOS Security and Medical Aid (October 12, 2023)
- SFO KCM Relocation on October 10 (October 10, 2023)
- About our MEC Safety, Health, and Security Committee (October 5, 2023)
- Safety, Health & Security Committee Annual Training Conducted (September 22, 2023)
- Harvard Flight Attendant Health Study Concludes September 15th (September 7, 2023)
- Protecting Crew and Passengers on Hot Aircraft – Part II (July 25, 2023)
- Crew Badge Scanning (July 25, 2023)
- Filing Grievance Worksheets and Other Reports with United AFA Reminder (July 21, 2023)