Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and two Vice-Chairpersons who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Craig MacInnes, Jr.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- Inflight Safety Action Program (ISAP) Reporting (November 22, 2022)
- Virgin suspends gender neutral uniform on flights to Qatar 'to protect staff' (November 18, 2022)
- Unexpected Items in Galley Ovens and Warmers Present a Risk (October 18, 2022)
- Variable Staffing Position(s) & Overstaffing (September 29, 2022)
- Third Trimester CBT 2022p1 – DUE OCT 30! (September 29, 2022)
- Door Operation App Requirement (September 29, 2022)
- New York Woman Sentenced to Prison for Interfering with a Flight Crew (September 14, 2022)
- Using Telephone Technology to Improve Rest (August 11, 2022)
- Flight Attendant Fatigue Risk Management Program (August 9, 2022)
- Important Reminder: Known Crewmember (KCM) - It’s a Privilege, Not a Right! (July 12, 2022)