Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and one Vice-Chairperson who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- Filter Masks Available for Wildfire Destinations (August 28, 2018)
- United MEC President, Ken Diaz Addresses Saracini Aviation Safety Act (August 10, 2018)
- Summer Travel and Unaccompanied Minors – A Review of Procedures (August 10, 2018)
- Safety Health and Security Training Concludes in Chicago (August 10, 2018)
- AFA Attends Aviation Safety Forum – Addressing Unruly Passengers (August 10, 2018)
- Live Safety Demo Required on all 767-300 C Aircraft (August 3, 2018)
- Live Safety Demo Required on all 767C Aircraft (August 3, 2018)
- 777-200 Jumpseat Lap Belts (July 31, 2018)
- Secure Reusable polycarbonate pre-departure glasses prior to Cabin Ready (July 20, 2018)
- Layover Safety (July 10, 2018)