Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and two Vice-Chairpersons who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Craig MacInnes, Jr.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- Variable Staffing Position(s) & Overstaffing (October 15, 2021)
- 2022 Benefits Enrollment Period (October 8, 2021)
- FLT LINE New Menu Options (October 8, 2021)
- Masks Are Still a Federal Mandate (October 5, 2021)
- Third Trimester CBT Reminder (October 5, 2021)
- Air Rage Townhall – Chicago (October 1, 2021)
- Flu Shots! (October 1, 2021)
- Vaccination Card is Primary Proof of Vaccination (October 1, 2021)
- AFA International EAP, Safety, and Membership Phone Number (October 1, 2021)
- United Airlines Prepares to Fire Employees Who Refuse Covid-19 Vaccinations (September 30, 2021)