|Inside this issue:||Honolulu 9/11 Remembrance Walk |
On September 11th, our Nation will observe the 15th anniversary of the day in which over 2,996 lives perished. Remembrance events will take place in virtually every city, many of which will be listed on the United AFA and AFA-CWA International websites.
In Honolulu, all First Responders will be represented in the Honolulu Mayor’s 9/11 Remembrance Walk on Sunday, September 11, 2016, at 5 p.m. All active and retired Airline Personnel are invited to attend and represent our profession and the 33 crew members who lost their lives that day. All active crew members are asked to wear their airline uniform and to be at HPD headquarters by 4:45 p.m. Participants can bring lei to leave at the Eternal Flame after the ceremonies end.
Details of Honolulu Mayor’s 9/11 Remembrance Walk are as follows:
- The Remembrance Walk begins at 5 p.m. at the Honolulu Police Department headquarters at 801 South Beretania Street.
- From the HPD Headquarters, the walk proceeds to the Honolulu Fire Department headquarters on Queen Street.
- The walk then proceeds down Queen Street to Punchbowl and ends at the Eternal Flame in front of Honolulu Hale.
- The Royal Hawaiian Band will perform at the Eternal Flame and Mayor Caldwell will speak.
- The Mayor and participating agencies, including an airline representative, will present lei.
- Parking for the Remembrance Walk will be free at the Frank F. Fasi municipal parking lot (enter from Alapai or Beretania streets).
Again, this community event marks a day for everyone to come together in recognition of the loss of so many. Everyone lost something or someone that day and we are reminded that this event is much larger than any one community, organization or representative.
Our contact point persons are Terry Seelig and his wife, retired HNL Flight Attendant, Dawn Snyder-Seelig.They would also like volunteers to help with ground transportation of the mainland-based flight crew members who will attend while on layover. If you are interested, please contact Terry & Dawn to discuss details. You can reach them at: firstname.lastname@example.org