November 2016 scheduling update:
The November flight attendant schedule month is 31 days, beginning October 30th and ending on November 29th. We switch back to standard time on Sunday, November 6th. The Thanksgiving holiday is November 24th.
November international flying includes HNL, LIM, MUC, GRU, SCL, Mexico, Central America and weekend Caribbean flying.
New for November:
- MUC will be flown as a 6 day on Sunday and Monday/95 hour layover.
- MUC will be flown as a 4 day on Tuesday through Saturday.
- MUC German has 2 positions, operating same as above.
- Domestic 787 segments.
Line averages for November are 73:20 for domestic (up from 73:16/October) and 75:45 for international (down from 76:25/October). Line averages are extremely low in most crew complements, creating challenges for the committee. It continues to require mixing of ID’s within many of the lines, in order to meet company quotas.
- 348 line holders for November, a decrease from 381 in October. This includes 21 purser lines, an increase from 14 in October.
- We have 22 IDs, involving 52 flight attendants-that have check-ins from 03:55-04:50. Security in terminal C opens at 03:35.
- We have 23 one position IDs that have a 787 segment in them. This segment is the 9:00 departure to SFO on varying days.
- 336 line holders for November, an increase from 334 in October. This includes 54 purser lines, an increase from 49 in October.
- 39 Spanish lines, an increase from 26.
- 11 German lines, the same as October.
- 15 Portuguese lines, the same as October.
- One reserve line is built with 13 days off. All others have the contractual 12 days off. We would like to remind those who were awarded a reserve line with more than 12 days off, and did not bid for such line; you have the option provided in Section 10.D.1.a(4) of our contract. It states: No later than three days prior to the schedule change (first day of new schedule month) – a reserve who did not bid for but was assigned a line with number of days exceeding the monthly applicable minimum number of days off (12), at his/her option, may contact crew scheduling to be assigned additional days of availability and have his/her reserve minimum guarantee adjusted (back to 78 hours). The days that will be restored are indicated in the monthly reserve lines with a “Z”.
As always, a complete scheduling report is available from the Central Schedule Committee (CSC), on the unitedafa.org website. Our monthly report provides more detailed information of all scheduling issues pertaining to IAH. Your IAH schedule committee is always available –should you have any questions or concerns.
Cory, Kim, Craig, Dawn, Bettina and Luis
Local Council Reminder
A friendly reminder of our upcoming Council Meeting. it will be held at the Holiday Inn Express located at 7014 Will Clayton Parkway Houston, Texas 77338. Van Service available from the airport. Meeting will begin at 1100. All Members in good standing are welcome to attend. Hope to see you there.