Master Executive Council (MEC) Benefits Committee
This Committee consists of one Chairperson and two Vice Chairpersons. This Committee shall be knowledgeable on current Contractually required Insurance, Retirement and Occupational programs including medical, dental, life, LTD and other Insurance and Retirement plans, including 401(k) plans. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to researching and recommending improvements to present programs through collective bargaining, legislation and any other means.
All MEC Committees represent the MEC and will support MEC positions when interacting with the Company and Flight Attendants. They carry out the responsibilities of their Committee/Position and shall support and adhere to the AFA-CWA Constitution and Bylaws, as well as the AFA-CWA United MEC Rules of Procedure, and Policy.
A Committee Member assists the Chairperson with the following responsibilities:
- Communicating with MEC Officers at least once a week.
- Submitting written reports to the MEC.
- Communicating with local committees at least once a month.
- Making a yearly in-person report to the MEC.
- Administering the MEC Committee Budget.
- Conducting an annual training for Local Committee Members, as needed.
- Contributing an annual article to MEC communications.
Position to be elected:
- One Vice Chairperson with focus on Insurance for a the balance of the current term (Begins immediately and runs through June 30, 2020)
Significant knowledge of Contract provisions for Insurance, Retirement and Occupational Benefits is recommended. Strong communication and computer skills, effective leadership and organizational abilities are recommended. Minimal travel is required.
The Election will be conducted at the Winter 2020 Regular MEC Meeting
January 14 – 16, 2020
6350 N. River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
All interested candidates, who are Members in good standing, may submit a resume and Willingness to Serve Letter to:
Jeffrey W. Heisey, Secretary-Treasurer
United Master Executive Council
Association of Flight Attendants-CWA
6250 N. River Road, Suite 4020
Rosemont, IL 60018
Send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Willingness to Serve:
Cathryn Michelle Stokey - Rosenfeld
Jordy J. Comeaux