United Airlines Flight Attendants Picket and Leaflet at Sea-Tac, Los Angeles, Washington D.C. and Three San Francisco Area Airports
April 14, 2004
Continue Protest of Company’s Plan to Change Retiree Medical Benefits
WASHINGTON, DC — United Airlines flight attendants and retirees, represented by the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, AFL-CIO, will picket and leaflet at Sea-Tac Airport on April 14, and Washington Dulles, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose airports on April 15 to protest United’s plan to break its agreement with flight attendant retirees and change their health benefits.
A rally will be held on April 14 at:
- Sea-Tac Airport—Flag pavilion at entrance to airport, 12 Noon to 2 p.m. , Local contact: Diane Tucker 206-910-8110.
Picketing and leafleting will be held on April 15 at:
- Dulles Airport—Upper level at Door 4, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Local contact: Mari McColl, 703-731-5281.
- Los Angeles Airport —Upper level, Terminals 6 & 7, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Local contact: Jan Heisterman, 714-585-7700.
- San Francisco Airport —United Domestic and International Terminals, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Local contact: Judy Rowe, 415-235-5419.
- Oakland Airport —Outside United Ticketing, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Local contact: Cicina Norton, 510-390-3011.
- San Jose Airport —Terminal C, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Local contact: Ruthie Funk, 408-858-1765.
More than 46,000 flight attendants, including the 21,000 flight attendants at United, join together to form AFA, the world’s largest flight attendant union. AFA is part of the 700,000 member strong Communications Workers of America, AFL-CIO. Visit us at www.unitedafa.org.