Reciprocal Cabin Seat Agreements with Frontier Airlines
September 25, 2009
Ladies and Gentlemen:
We are pleased to announce that United Airlines has signed a Flight Attendant Reciprocal Cabin Seat Agreement with Frontier Airlines effective October 1, 2009. Frontier Airlines is the second-largest carrier out of Denver International Airport, with an average of 350 daily system-wide departures and arrivals. Frontier offers routes to more than 50 destinations in the U.S., Mexico and Costa Rica.
We appreciate the efforts of Senior Vice President Alex Marren and Onboard Service for working with us and recognizing the value of Reciprocal Cabin Seat Agreements. Together with the Air Wisconsin Airlines Reciprocal Cabin Seat Agreement announced today, this provides vast improvements in Flight Attendant options for travel within the United States as we continue to advocate for improvements to world-wide travel benefits.
In summary, the agreement with Frontier provides:
- United Flight Attendants with a crew badge will have access to free, space available economy seating on Frontier flights within the 50 United States, Mexico and Costa Rica effective October 1.
- Frontier Flight Attendants with a crew badge will have similar benefits on United effective October 1.
- No listing is required. Check in at the gate or ticket counter.
- Conservative business casual dress or uniform.
- Priority on flights will first be given by each carrier to its own NRSA passengers (employees, retirees, buddy pass holders, ID 90, etc.).
- Next, crewmembers participating in Reciprocal Agreements will be awarded space available seats on a "first come, first served" basis.
We can be proud of our persistent campaign to achieve Reciprocal Cabin Seat Agreements as United Flight Attendants have the best Reciprocal Cabin Seat program among the major US airlines, now totaling 11 Agreements. This is a positive step forward as we continue our advocacy for improved world-wide travel benefits for Flight Attendants.
Thoroughly review the Reciprocal Cabin Seat Agreements with Frontier, Air Wisconsin, Alaska, AirTran, Continental, Northwest, American, Southwest, Delta, US Airways and JetBlue posted in the Pay and Benefits section or our website to ensure you are able to fully benefit.
Greg Davidowitch, President
United Master Executive Council