Worldwide Protest December 17 by United Flight Attendants as Holiday Travel Begins: The Grinch is Negotiating with United Flight Attendants
December 14, 2015
Washington, DC (December 14, 2015) – United Airline Flight Attendants, represented by the Association of Flight Attendants - CWA, will picket at airports around the world December 17 calling on United to finish its merger with Continental Airlines. Five years later, United management still fails to negotiate a fair contract even within a period of historic profits.
“With a busy holiday travel season underway, passengers flying United suffer under the inefficiency of its fractured three-part operation,” said AFA International President Sara Nelson. “It’s been five years, and now five holiday seasons since United Airlines initiated the merger. United Flight Attendants are still without a joint contract, and work another holiday season without sharing in the profits they help create. A joint contract provides Flight Attendants, the airline and its passengers with the stability of a fully operational airline.”
AFA represents the 24,000 Flight Attendants at United Airlines. The protest will include Flight Attendants from all U.S. airlines, the Air Line Pilots Association, passengers and many other unions.
AFA invites media to RSVP and come out to your local airport. Visit OurContract.org for more information.
WHO: The Association of Flight Attendants-CWA (AFA)
WHEN: Thursday, December 17
WHERE: All times local.
- Boston (BOS) Terminal B at United Ticket Counter, 11:45 am - 1 pm
- ORD Terminal 1 United Departures, 11 am - 12:30 pm
- United’s World HQ, 11 am - 12:30 pm
- Denver (DEN) West Side Departure Level Outside United Ticket Counter, 12:30 – 2 pm
- Frankfurt (FRA) Terminal 1, 10 - 11:30 am
- Guam (GUM) United City Ticket Office, 5 - 6 pm
- Hong Kong (HKG) Departure Level 7 Drop Point Zone 3, 9:15 - 10:30 am
- Honolulu (HNL) United Departure Level, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Houston (IAH) JFK Boulevard, 12 - 1 pm
- Las Vegas (LAS) Terminal B Outside United Ticket Counter, 1 -2 pm
- London (LHR) Queen’s Terminal 2, TBD pm
- Los Angeles (LAX) Terminal 7 Departure Level, 11 am - 1 pm
- Narita (NRT) Terminal 1 Outside United Ticket Counter, 11 am - 1 pm
- Newark (EWR) Terminal C Upper Level Door 5, 12 - 1 pm
- San Francisco (SFO) Terminal 3 Departure Level, 10:30 - 11:30 am
- Washington, DC
- DCA Terminal B United Departures, 12 - 1 pm
- IAD Baggage Claim, 2 - 4 pm
RSVP: Contact Taylor Garland, email@example.com, 202-550-5520
Twitter: Follow us @afa_cwa and use #WheresTheNewUnited
# # #
The Association of Flight Attendants is the world’s largest Flight Attendant union. Focused 100 percent on Flight Attendant issues, AFA has been the leader in advancing the Flight Attendant profession for 67 years. Serving as the voice for Flight Attendants in the workplace, in the aviation industry, in the media and on Capitol Hill, AFA has transformed the Flight Attendant profession by raising wages, benefits and working conditions. Nearly 50,000 Flight Attendants come together to form AFA, part of the 700,000-member strong Communications Workers of America (CWA), AFL-CIO. Visit us at www.afacwa.org.