AFA Seniority Integration Update
March 3, 2015
Our merger seniority integration process has begun, according to the AFA-CWA Constitution and Bylaws, Policy Manual Section X. Today, AFA International President Sara Nelson released a video that explains the policy and its enforcement under the law, as well as the specific steps involved.
Key points of the video include:
- Relative seniority on each of the UAL, CAL and CMI seniority lists cannot change.
- The only potential adjustment provided for under the policy prior to integration relates to credit for time in initial Flight Attendant training.
- There are CMI and United Flight Attendants who have crossed over to Continental and maintain their contractual right to their original position on the CMI and United seniority lists, respectively.
- Each member will receive a mailing sent on April 15th to their home address on file with United, and the opportunity to verify their seniority date by June 1, 2015.
- The entire process is expected to be complete by the end of June, but management will not receive the integrated list for implementation until there is a ratified single contract.
The AFA International Office will be sending additional information to all Members' homes soon.