Hurricane Harvey Resource Links from Your AFA EAP
August 29, 2017
· To assist AFA flight attendants whose primary residents have been impacted by Hurricane Harvey, consider donating to the AFA Disaster Relief Fund by going to www.afacwa.org/disaster_relief_fund.
· To obtain immediate financial assistance from the AFA Disaster Relief Fund as a Flight Attendant whose primary residence has been impacted by Hurricane Harvey, apply through www.afacwa.org/disaster_relief_fund or call the AFA EAP at 800-424-2406.
· To help others affected by the storm, visit the national Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (NVOAD) page for a listed of trusted organizations: www.nvoad.org/.
· To find family & friends or to register yourself as safe, visit the American Red Cross Safe & Well site: safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/.
· To talk to local AFA EAP committee member to confidentially discuss concerns or reactions, go to www.afacwa.org/employee_assistance or call 800-424-2406 to find your local EAP committee members.
· To talk to a professional crisis counselor who can help you cope with the emotional distress from the storm, call the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.
· Visit the FEMA Social Hub for real time updates from official emergency management social media accounts at www.fema.gov/social-hub.
· Download the FEMA Mobile APP to receive alerts from the National Weather Service, get safety and survival tips, customize your emergency checklist, find your local shelter, and upload your disaster photos to help first responders.
· To understand the Federal resources and assistance available to individual through FEMA go to www.fema.gov/individual-disaster-assistance or call the FEMA helpline at 800-621-3362.