Sick Leave Call On – Call Off Procedures
October 23, 2018
MEC Grievance Committee JCBA Section 13.B
When calling in to place yourself on sick leave for a pairing or Reserve day, you may either call the Flight Attendant Support Team (FAST) or use CCS to send in a sick notification. To access the Sick Notification function, in CCS from Scheduling > Sick Notification. To instantly send a notification placing yourself on sick leave, you must call by 0900 HDT of the calendar day prior to a scheduled pairing, training assignment or Reserve availability day provide as much notice as possible, but at least 8:00 hours prior to your scheduled departure time, except in an emergency, giving as much notice as possible. After 0900 HDT of the calendar day prior to an eligible assignment, Flight Attendants at all bases (excluding GUM) must call the FAST team directly to place themselves on sick leave.
Flight Attendants returning from a sick leave must call FAST in order to come off sick leave status. While this has been a standard procedure used by some of us in the past, it is a new procedure for others with the full implementation of Section 13.B. of our JCBA.Flight Attendants must follow the Call On/Call Off procedures anytime they will be calling to place themselves on sick leave or calling off of sick leave to return to duty.
NOTE: Flight Attendants who do not call FAST advising that she/he will be returning from sick leave status will remain on sick leave status until notifying the Company of their ability to return to work by calling off sick leave.
- A Flight Attendant must notify the Company’s designated crew desk to place herself/himself on sick leave. She/he shall remain on sick leave status until she/he notifies the Company that she/he is coming off sick leave.
- A Flight Attendant may place herself/himself on sick leave through the electronic system prior to 0900 HDT of the day prior to a scheduled assignment or Reserve availability day.
- When a Flight Attendant is unable to take her/his flight, she/ he will notify the Company’s designated crew desk in not less than eight (8) hours, except in an emergency, before the flight is scheduled to depart, and will in any event give as much notice as possible.
- Flight Attendants calling off sick leave status must notify the Company’s designated crew desk that they are off sick leave status not less than eight (8) hours before their flight is scheduled to depart, and will in any event give as much notice as possible.
- When a Flight Attendant calls on sick leave for a trip pairing, the Company will put that assignment into open time in accordance with Section 7.G.1. If a Lineholder, the Company may not put subsequent trip pairings listed in the Lineholder’s schedule into open time earlier than eight (8) hours prior to the scheduled departure, except when the Lineholder has advised the Company that she/he will be on sick leave for a longer period of time.