Reserve Christmas Wish List Now Available
December 19, 2018
Reserve Christmas Wish List (CWL) is a Reserve assignment procedure that is provided for in Section 8.H.8.c. of the JCBA. At Christmas, for the three (3) days preceding and two (2) days following the holiday, Reserve Flight Attendants have the ability to preference up to four (4) layover stations. If legal and available, requests shall be awarded in Inflight seniority order. To access Reserve Christmas Wish List go to www.unitedafa.org/wishlist.
To accommodate these preferences during the CWL period, and prior to running the regular Reserve Preferencing System, scheduling employs a manual procedure that differs from that of assigning by Time Accrued (TMAC) order and matching available days to the length of a pairing, which is described in Section 8.C. of the JCBA. The modified process, described below, places the Flight Attendant's layover request as the main consideration for trip assignments in seniority order.
NOTE: Flight Attendants will continue to be assigned within their designated sub-base.
- Starting at 1400 HDT, assignments are made by matching the available Reserves with open pairings according to their CWL layover choices. (Note:These choices are not ranked 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th.) If any of the listed choices are available, the most senior, legal Reserve requesting that layover should be awarded the trip.
- Scheduling will proceed through the open trip file in this manner, granting as many wishes as possible.
- Once all possible CWL requests have been awarded, scheduling will create a record of all granted CWL requests and will return to normal Reserve assignment procedures without further consideration of CWL requests for the assignment day:
- At approximately 1700 HDT the remaining open trips will be assigned to remaining Reserves using the regular Reserve Preferencing System employed throughout the year.
- Any pairings that become open while the Reserve Preferencing System is running will be assigned during the subsequent clean-up process in day-of-availability and TMAC order, in accordance with Section 8.C. of the JCBA.
- Scheduling will complete the process by assigning the remaining Reserves to either Ready status or to Released for the following day.
Some important points to remember:
- CWL preferences may only be entered via the online portal. Requests will notbe accepted over the telephone by contacting scheduling.
- Only one (1) CWL request may be granted per Flight Attendant during the CWL period.
- CWL requests will be considered and granted within each of the following sub-bases as applicable: Regular Reserve (FA), International Purser Reserve (FM-L) and each Language Qualified Reserve group (LS).
- Requested assignments that require a Flight Attendant to “opt” will be granted, and the Flight Attendant automatically opted for the balance of the month.
- Flight Attendants will not be deadheaded to other bases in order to grant their wish.
- Reserves assigned as part of CWL shall be released to check-in and shall not be subject to displacement from the pairing by a Lineholder, consistent with Section 8.D.11. of the JCBA.
· Assignments made to Ready and Standby Reserves will not consider CWL layover requests.
- Preferences may be altered at any time up until the deadline for each day (see below schedule). Only the latest request/update made prior to each deadline will be considered.
Prior to the Reserve assignment process for:
Requests need to be input by:
0600 HDT on 21 December
0600 HDT on 22 December
0600 HDT on 23 December
0600 HDT on 24 December
0600 HDT on 25 December
0600 HDT on 26 December
If you have additional questions, please contact your Local Council office.