Call Members of Congress to Support Vote on Fight for 10!
April 18, 2018
The FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018 (H.R. 4), a five-year bill to reauthorize the FAA, was introduced last week and includes our 10 hours minimum rest and Fatigue Risk Management Plan! It also has key U.S. aviation job protections, a study on the safety impact of shrinking seat pitch, cabin evacuation standards, no voice calls on planes, cockpit secondary barriers, and nursing facilities in airports.
The bill is will come to the House floor for a vote next week. We need to make our voices heard. Tell your Representatives to vote for the language as introduced: 10 hours rest and not a minute less! We are asking you to call your Member of Congress NOW at 1-855-980-2366.
This FAA Reauthorization Bill includes these AFA priorities:
· 10 Hours Minimum, non-reducible rest and Fatigue Risk Management Plan
· Ban on Voice Calls on Planes
· Addressing Cabin Cyber Security Vulnerabilities
· Cockpit Secondary Barriers
· Safe Transport of Lithium Batteries
· Study on Cabin Evacuation Certification
· Requiring Privacy for Nursing in the Airport
· Evaluate and Update of Emergency Medical Kit Contents
· Required Notification of Insecticide Use
· Promoting Women in Aviation
· Banning Electronic Cigarette Smoking on Planes
TAKE ACTION for our Fight for 10 and protection of our jobs, call NOW at 1-855-980-2366.