September 12, 2018
Flight Attendants may also choose to bid a Line of Flying to fly with another Flight Attendant. To place a Buddy Bid on file, both you and your buddy must indicate this on the Primary Line Bidding screen by including the buddy’s employee ID in the Buddy Bidding section.
You may place a buddy bid on file in one of two ways:
1. Submit identical line numbers but different positions (or “Any”).
2. Submit mirrored line numbers (lines having the exact same flying but different line numbers) with different positions (or “Any”).
a. An example would be an LQ Flight Attendant bidding on an LQ line that mirrors the same pairings as a non-LQ line. There will be different line numbers bid for each Flight Attendant, but the lines are “mirrored” where the pairings flown operate on the same days of the month with the exact same flying contained in the pairings. The bids of both Flight Attendants will be awarded according to the seniority of the junior Flight Attendant.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Mirrored Line numbers are two different numerical lines within the bid packet that are identical (same pairing dates, segments, layovers, etc.). The only difference between the two lines are positions and pairing numbers.
Buddy Bid Rules
- Each buddy must be assigned to the same geographical Domicile
- Each buddy must declare the other as their buddy by indicating this on their respective Primary Line Bidding screens
- International Purser Flight Attendants may buddy bid with non-International Purser Flight Attendants; International Purser Flight Attendants may buddy bid with other International Purser Flight Attendants but only for Vacation Relief Lines in the Primary bid or matching Reserve Lines.
- The International Purser must bid the International Purser position or “ANY”, with the line numbers in the same sequence as the buddy; the International Purser may only be awarded an International Purser line
- The non-International Purser must bid the same line sequence as the buddy, and can bid any other position or “ANY”
- LQ Flight Attendants may buddy bid with non-LQ Flight Attendants; LQ Flight Attendants may buddy bid with other LQ Flight Attendants but only for Vacation Relief Lines in the Primary bid or matching Reserve Lines.
- Buddy bids are awarded at the junior Flight Attendant seniority level
- The line numbers must be exactly the same unless lines are mirrored (same flying but different line numbers) and in the same sequence
- Flight Attendants may also buddy bid for Reserve Lines with the same day off patterns
- The positions on identical line numbers must be different or one or both of the Flight Attendants may select position “Any”
- Only two (2) Flight Attendants may buddy bid