Vacation Rules Apply When Trading: Crossing Bid Month Minimums
November 29, 2019
MEC Central Schedule Committee
As we approach the close of the Seniority Trade window for Vacations, we remind you that all Vacation Rules apply when trading vacations. In the event you wish to move an awarded vacation period into one that Crosses bid months, the same rules apply as in the initial Vacation Bid Process.
1. To cross bid months, a minimum 14 day vacation period is required.
2. To cross bid months using 14, 15, or 16 vacation days, the following rules must be met:
- Must have a minimum of four (4) full days in both months
- Partial days cannot be counted as full days
3. To cross bid months using 17 or more vacation days, the following rules must be met:
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) full days in both months
- Partial days cannot be counted as a full day
4. When crossing bid months, you may not overlap two scheduled vacation years.
For more information about bidding when Crossing Bid Months, refer to the 2020 Vacation Guide.