Job Shares Awarded for January Bid Month
December 13, 2019
MEC Communications Committee
The company recently published Job Share awards for the January 2020 bid month. Flight Attendants awarded Job Shares are encouraged to review Section 16 as well as the COLA, Job Share and Multiple-Month Partnership Program Overview Handbook for complete details that include how unmatched Job Shares are awarded. Below is a short overview of Job Share provisions and procedures.
Job Shares allow for a line of flying to be shared by two Flight Attendants from the same base, for a one-month period and offered based on the company’s staffing needs.
Bidding & Distribution of Awarded Lines of Flying for Job Shares:
- Both Flight Attendants must submit a monthly bid.
- The company shall award the lines of flying based on the seniority of the seniorFlight Attendant.
- Within 48 hours after a line of flying has been awarded (Primary or Relief), Flight Attendants shall divide the line using the “Partnership & Job Share Distribution of Flying/Reserve Request” form on Help Hub. From the Help Hub home page, search “Job Share”.
- All requests must be submitted by 8:00 am CT on the 20th for primary awards, and 8:00 am CT on the 25th for vacation relief awards.
- Please Note: If you are awarded a Job Share line and have not submitted the request to split the line by the deadline, the Company will split the line for you.
- The line value must be shared as evenly as possible without splitting any trips or block of reserve days, unless one block must be split to evenly divide the line. Reserve Flight Attendants may choose which reserve blocks of days they would like to fly.
- Reserve lines will not be split to create short blocks of days of availability, except when the short block includes the last day of the bid month. (“Short block” means Reserves must maintain 3 days of availability or the shortest trip in the base, whichever is greater)
- A Flight Attendant in a Job Share is limited to a monthly maximum of 55 hours pay and credit.
- Vacation is not counted towards maximum line value.
Each partnership formed involves two (2) Flight Attendants.
Number of January 2020 Partnerships Formed
The list of January 2020 Job Share awards can be found in Flying Together in the Crew Scheduling section. Flight Attendants may also view Job Share awards by base in CCS by clicking the “Schedule” tab and selecting “Staffing Report”. On the Staffing Report page, chose a base, click the “Status” menu and select “JS/” and finally, chose to “Sort First By” base or system seniority. SUBMIT.