Removal of Awarded Personal Drop Indicator Resolution
June 28, 2019
Section 7.M. of the JCBA (Personal Drops) provides Flight Attendants with the ability to drop a trip pairing subject to operational requirements. United and AFA have reached agreement on a process to facilitate requests from lineholders to have the Personal Drop (PD) Indicator removed from their schedule following the award of a Personal Drop according to the following processes:
Effective June 28, 2019 at 12:00 CT, lineholder Flight Attendants will call FAST via 800-FLT-LINE, option 4/2, any time after 1500 Home Domicile Time on the day the Personal Drop will be processed (the day before the PD) to request removal of the Personal Drop indicator.
As an exception to the normal process and to facilitate Flight Attendant to Flight Attendant trades, prior to 1500 on the day the Personal Drop is processed (the day before the PD), Flight Attendants who are interested in engaging in a trade or pick-up (including Advertisements) with another Flight Attendant, will call FAST via 800-FLT-LINE, option 4/2. FAST will remove the Personal Drop indicator under the following parameters:
- Flight Attendant is picking up from an Advertisement, or
- Flight Attendant is doing a Direct Trade
- Flight Attendant must process the Trade in CCS while on the phone with FAST
- Trade/pick-up must be successfully completed. If not, the Personal Drop indicator will be restored in the Flight Attendant’s Schedule.
- Flight Attendant retains the ability to call after 1500 HDT to request removal of the Personal Drop indicator.
· Prior to 1500 HDT on the day the Personal Drop is processed (the day before the PD), the PD indicator cannot be dropped in order to process a trade with Open Time.
· Personal Drops granted in conjunction with PTO are not eligible to have the Personal Drop indicator removed.
· After 1500 HDT on the day the Personal Drop is processed (the day before the PD), the Flight Attendant may request removal of the PD indicator via the FAST and may pick up or trade trips following the rules outlined in Section 7 of the JCBA.
· Once a Reserve is granted a Personal Drop, the indicator cannot be removed.