United Develops an Internal Link Protection Plan – Elections begin October 22
October 17, 2020
United is officially discontinuing its relationship with Safeware® and is introduction a new internal Link Protection plan to protect your Link device in the event of loss or stolen. Where, in the past, we elected into Safeware® coverage via an external website, those electing this coverage will do so via Help Hub.
- Make your election from October 22 through November 30 by going to Link/Sled Recovery Protection Plan – Standard Enrollment Period in Help Hub.
- The cost is $30 for coverage from December 1, 2020 through November 30, 2021. The cost will be deducted from your paycheck.
- By opting in, your annual enrollment fee of $30 covers the first replacement claim for a lost or stolen Link/sled. Any additional replacement claims will be paid by the employee at the replacement fee costs ($300 for Link and $75 for sled).
- If you don’t make an election, you’re automatically opted out and will be responsible for paying the replacement charges for a lost or stolen Link/sled.
If you currently have Safeware™ coverage this year,
- your coverage plan will be extended to November 30, 2020 at no additional cost. If you need to verify your coverage, simply call Link Support
- If you’re not currently enrolled and would like to obtain coverage for the month of November before the new coverage period begins, you can opt in for a prorated cost by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and employee number.