Your Vote is Your Voice: Make it Heard!
October 17, 2020
MEC Government Affairs Committee
On November 3, our country will place the process of democracy on the world stage. In several states, ballots for the General Election are already being cast in what is no doubt the most important election of our lifetimes. It’s up to all of us to ensure our votes are cast and counted. This election brings unprecedented challenges as we vote amid a global pandemic. We need to be prepared.
Election Day is less than a month away. Through Early or Mail-In Voting, millions of Americans have already cast their vote. Voting is at the core of our democratic way of life and every one of us must ensure we exercise this fundamental right.
Make a Plan to Vote — Determine How you will Vote
Most states have expanded early voting or voting by mail this year due to COVID19.As Flight Attendants, we are not always able to predict our schedules. We may not be able to go to the polls on Election Day. Waiting until the last minute could mean forfeiting your right to vote as certain states have a short early voting timeframe. It’s vital to make a plan to cast a ballot in the 2020 General Election. Get all the election information you need, by state, at: www.Vote411.org/afacwa.
- Confirm you are registered to vote
- Know your options for early voting; early voting dates and times vary by state
- Know how to apply and return an absentee ballot
- Know which polling place you are assigned to and what time the polls open and close
- If you live overseas, go to www.fvap.gov for voting information.
Know Your Voter Rights
If you witness voter disruptions, you can seek assistance from the National non-partisan voter protection hotlines.
- 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683) – English language hotline
- 888-Ve-Y-Vota (888-839-8682) – Bilingual English/Spanish language hotline
- 888-API-VOTE (888-274-8683) – Bilingual English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Bengali, Hindi, Urdu, and Tagalog.
If you need further information on the General Election and voting, you may contact the MEC Government Affairs Committee by e-mail at email@example.com.
Only you can make sure your vote counts on Election Day. Make your voice heard.