CQ Class Schedules Suspended through May 2020
April 10, 2020
On March 24, 2020 the company announced the temporary suspension of Continuing Qualification (CQ) training in compliance with the CDC guidelines regarding social distancing during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) world pandemic.
Flight Attendants on active status with a CQ due month of February, March, April or May will be extended the FAA 15-month exemption, but will be required to comply with the following guidance. The training centers plan to re-open on June 1, 2020.
- Flight Attendants with a February CQ Due Month will become non-qualified (NQ) on June 1 and will be schedule to attend Requalification training, (RQ1) a two-day training, as soon as the training centers reopen. Please know we will prioritize RQ1 training and established class dates throughout the month of June. Inflight Training has reached out to the 363 Flight Attendants who will become non-qualified to discuss with each of them their unique situation.
- Flight Attendants with a March CQ Due Month will attend CQ training in June and will become non-qualified (NQ) on July 1.
- Flight Attendants with an April CQ Due Month will attend CQ training in July and will become non-qualified on August 1.
- Flight Attendants with a May CQ Due Month will attend CQ training in August and will become non-qualified (NQ) on September 1.
- Flight Attendants currently on a Requalification status (RQ1, RQ2 or RQ3) will, regrettably remain non-qualified until training centers are reopened and required participation in RQ training courses have been successfully completed.
Questions can be directed to your Local Safety, Health and Security Committee.