Annual Benefits Open Enrollment Update
November 5, 2021
The Annual Benefits Open Enrollment is now open through November 19, 2021.
As you enroll, there are some key items that you need to be aware of:
- You will default into a medical plan for 2022 as provided for in our Contract if you do not make an active election. So, be sure to look at all your available options and ensure you are picking a plan that is right for you and your family.
- Credits and surcharges on YBR will reset if you do not actively pick a plan during the Annual Enrollment (tobacco-free wellness credit and spousal surcharge), even if you had previously adjusted them.
- For those in San Francisco who are in the Kaiser Northern California plan that was previously provided at no cost, in the absence of an alternate election, you will remain in the Kaiser plan and will be charged the applicable premium.
As discussed earlier this week, there have been some issues that have slowed the rollout of this annual process.
The two key issues are:
- Sporadic outages/technical issues affecting the open enrollment platform, and
- Issues with the provider search (“Find a doctor” function on YBR. That is, when Members are searching to determine if their provider is part of a specific network, the system is responding with an invalid or incorrect response.
As reported, United management has been collaborating with our vendors to address the technical issues on the enrollment platform and believes those issues have been corrected. We will continue to monitor the site closely.
As it pertains to the provider search (“Find a doctor”) function, that may take a bit longer. Since employees simply have no way of whether the information, they are accessing is accurate or not. Based on our advocacy, management has acted to shut down the tool until it is corrected and our Members can be assured of obtaining accurate information. Once the new data is uploaded, the tool will again be available.
However, in the interim, Accolade has a separate, independent provider search function and will be able to assist in providing information about the network affiliation of health care providers. You should not hesitate to reach out to Accolade for assistance if the need is pressing. The phone number for Accolade is (844) 252-6830.
During this time period, if you have any issues regarding your enrollment, please contact your Local Council office immediately. We will continue to monitor and keep you updated as these issues unfold.