Year End Reminder – 2021 Tax Forms
December 10, 2021
As hard as it may be to believe, the end of 2021 is just around the corner. December 31, 2021 is the deadline for employees who receive W-2 tax-related forms to choose electronic/paperless delivery through the company’s vendor, ADP.
- If you signed up in the past to go paperless, no action is required for this year. You will automatically receive a paperless W-2 Form again this year.
- If you are not choosing to go paperless, make sure your home address of record is current to avoid delays in receiving your paper W-2 forms through the mail.
Also, we recommend that you make the commitment to yourself to check all your personal details in company records, such as mailing and email address, marital status, and emergency contacts. You are able to make any necessary changes by logging into Flying Together under >My Info/Manager’s Toolbox from the Employee Services section of the company website. Access the Personal Details tile – it has your picture on it – to review this information and to make changes. To make changes to your address:
- Click on your address, or the arrow to the right of it
- Make updates, as needed
- Click “Save”
NOTE: This information does not affect your marital status elections on Benefit Options, Federal W-4, or Pass Riders/Dependents. To review/update any of that information you must do so directly in the application tool.
Follow the brief instructions below to change/update your W-2 delivery election.
If you signed up for the paperless statements in the years past, you would not see the “Go Paperless” choice.
- Go to www.paperlessw2.ual.com (you will be prompted to log in to Flying Together)
NOTE - Do not download the ADP app as it will not work with your United credentials.
Once on the ADP page, to confirm your current selection, click on your initials at the top right corner of the web page, then click on “Settings” to view your current selection.
- Click on “Go Paperless” -
- Slide the “Receive Paperless Statements” button to the right in order to select the paperless option
- Scroll to the bottom and click “I Agree” in order to provide your consent to go paperless
- You will receive a confirmation email after completion.
The 2021 W-2 Tax Form will be released no later than the IRS deadline of January 31, 2022.
If you need additional help, please contact the Payroll Care Center at 1-877-825-3729 (Monday-Friday, 1030am-2:30pm CST) and say, “Pay Questions,” “Taxes”, then “W-2” for assistance.