Deadheading Crew Boarding and Carry-on Luggage Policy
March 12, 2021
As our flights begin to fill up, we are receiving questions resulting from incidents at various airport station locations as to the standards to be applied to deadheading Flight Attendants for boarding and their carry-on baggage.
When scheduled to deadhead:
- Flight Attendants will be assigned to boarding group number one (1).
- Deadheading Flight Attendants in full uniform, may pre-board the aircraft once the FAA minimum crew requirements have been met.
- Deadheading Flight Attendants who are not in full uniform may board at any time during the passenger boarding process.
- Flight Attendants must present their boarding pass to the agent at the time of boarding and will be allowed 2 carry-on bags and one personal item, such as a computer bag or purse.
- Deadheading crew are encouraged to stow their luggage in the vicinity of their assigned seat.
Details of the Flight Attendant specific policy can be located by logging into CCS > Other > Shares> then type “GG ATO BOARD” in the input box and select submit.