Addition of the B737 MAX 8 Aircraft to United’s Fleet
July 16, 2021
The first B737 MAX 8 (37E) aircraft will join United’s fleet of aircraft on July 16, 2021 initially operating from IAH to LAS. We all have experience with the Boeing 737 family of aircraft and while the B737 MAX 8 will feel familiar, there will be some differences. This aircraft has a capacity of 166 passengers, 16 in First Class and 150 in Economy. The layout of the emergency equipment mimics the 73Q.
Some aircraft features/differences to note include:
- Seatback entertainment and a power outlet in each seat.
- High-speed Wi-Fi.
- LED lighting with pre-set lighting scenarios for boarding/deplaning, meal service, etc.
- Large overhead bins with a dynamic lift assist.
- Ability for passengers to use Bluetooth headsets with seatback monitors. However, earbuds will still be available for distribution by Flight Attendants, upon request.
- The galley layout is familiar, but chillers have been added in the aft galley.
- PRAMS Announcements are available in the Flight Attendant service unit.
If you find yourself scheduled to work this new version of the 737, ensure that you familiarize yourself with the aircraft first using the resources available on your Link device. Before your first flights, give yourself a few extra minutes for a “hands on” opportunity while completing safety checks. The more familiar we are with equipment locations, operations and new passenger amenities, the higher our level of confidence, which will directly affect our performance while interacting with passengers. Familiarity brings confidence.
As a reminder, there are aircraft-specific Resources in the Content App on your Link and Flying Together.
You may also search for 37E Cabin Systems and Interiors guide, Staffing Sheets, or Provisioning diagram.