Update: Submitting Holding Pay Requests
August 6, 2021
The company announced this week that they will be implementing changes to the way holding pay requests are processed starting August 4, 2021.
In the past, these requests were processed manually by Crew Pay and in order to help expedite the process through automation, the company is changing the forms used to submit for holding pay.
Some changes to the pre-designated form of the “Request Holding Pay” from the Help Hub include using military time of “HH:MM” for input of Hour and Minutes, and the correct “Reason” selected for this automation to work.
The company listed the following descriptions of each of the “Reason” codes:
- Cancellation – If your flight was cancelled after departure time and holding with passengers occurred on the aircraft. Times should be included in the Before Departure Holding section ONLY.
- Delays – If your flight was delayed due to mechanical/weather/late boarding of passengers etc. Times to be included in the Before Departure Holding section.
- Diversion – If your flight has made an intermediate, unscheduled stop. Times should be included in the After Departure Holding section ONLY.
- Gate return – Same as a return to blocks, if your flight departed and returned to the gate at the same airport. Times should be included in the Before Departure Holding section ONLY.
- Late deplaning – If your flight has blocked in and you are required to remain on board with passengers, etc. Times should be included in the After Departure Holding section ONLY.
For more information on how to submit Holding Pay, please visit the Help Hub Knowledge Article entitled Crew Pay Holding Pay Info & FAQs. For your convenience, please click here to Request Holding Pay.