United’s Q3 2022 Earnings Report
October 20, 2022
This week, United Airlines published its 2022 third quarter (Q3) earnings, which beat expectations and raised optimism about the airline's Q4 financial performance. During Q3 2022, United Airlines recorded operating revenues of $12.9 billion beating Wall Street estimates.
United also announced that “TRASM” or total revenue per available seat mile, for Q3 rose 25.5% from the same period in 2019, and that September 2022 was the third best TRASM month in the company’s history, not including the low-flying pandemic months.
United Airlines' third quarter was remarkably successful and encouraging to the airline, exceedingly previously set expectations. Some key highlights of United's Q3 include:
United Airlines CEO Scott Kirby credited the airline's successful quarter to the hard work and dedication of employees. For more information, please go to Flying Together.
- Net income of $924 million, adjusted net income of $927 million
- Operating revenue of $12.9 million, up 13.2% over Q3 2019
- Debt payment of $810 million
- Capacity down 9.8% compared to Q3 2019
- Second-best on-time arrival rate for Q3 in company history